Monday, December 12, 2011

Dhoti Pant and Kurta for Boy

I had stitched Dhoti and Kurta for 'C' before Diwali but could not post it. So here it is now:


I had stitched one dhoti kurta for him in past also but that  style of Dhoti pant use to restrict his movement. So he was not very fond of wearing that. I somehow coaxed him to wear that 2-3 times for few hours. But now having grown up, he refused to wear dhoti if it was stitched in old manner. So I thought of making him this Dhoti which I was noticing in 'Balika Vadhuu'. I had to put in lots of thought since I could not find any pattern on net. I first made a doll dhoti and then based on that experience, cut this shimmer piece. Since this was first time, I chose wrong material but overall this dress looks nice. He puts a golden stole with this dress.

 Here is Dhoti alone:


I have done back stitch on neck and sleeves to perk up the Kurta. Closer view of Kurta:


After stitching I noticed AdithisAmmaSews had posted a tutorial for Dhoti pants and that was exactly how I had done it. This has grown my confidence many folds that I can sew properly.




Shalini
Linking it to: Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story'
Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop #37
Ta-Da Tuesday Link Party #17 

5 comments:

  1. Wow Shalini... Thats a great Kurti... there is a lot i have to learn when it comes to sewing... i am quite a beginner... so will keep following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Dhoti and kurta. perfect finish.

    Thanks for the mention about my dhoti salwar tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lakshmi. I loved your dhoti salwar...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are precious. Please leave them here: