Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Woolen Kurta and Dhoti pant for a little girl

I love giving handmade gifts and when I got a chance to make something for a little girl(2 yrs. old).....I had nothing but a dress in mind.

I looked into my stash for a cloth but could not decide which one to use. Then I received a gift: a woolen dress material. Noticing it was way too big for my dress, I decided to use that for little dress. Since it was woolen material, I thought of making shirt and pant kind of set.

First I cut my dress from the material and then set out on cutting girl's dress. A Kurta and salwar fitted the design and colour most. So here it is: a Kurta with full sleeves and a dhoti salwar. Sleeves have folded edges with salwar material. Have kept a shoulder open with buttons so that it easily gets into little body.


                               
Back view of kurta:

 

 Front view:

 




Salwar material was bit small so added a strip of kurta material in the belt portion of it.


Could not pester little princess to model it. Will post her photograph some other time.

AdithisAmmaSews has a giveaway going on her blog. Participate to win a vegan bag with other goodies.



Shalini

Liking it to:
Colours Dekor 'The Weekly Story'
Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop #37
Ta-Da Tuesday Link Party #17 

6 comments:

Your comments are precious. Please leave them here: